Saturday, February 14, 2009

My sweet & cozy baby crib sets


well, let's start at the beginning...

when I was pregnant with my younger daughter - Naomi, I couldn't find any crib set that I liked for her. All the Set's I saw were ether in pale\pastel colors which I disgusted from, or looks like have been taken from a Disney movie (no offence).

On that time I decided, with a basic sewing knowledge at the time, to make her a crib set myself...

while creating her my baby dream room, the ideas started floating me. Warm responses from the near by surroundings pushed me to do it and to create a unique baby crib sets collection.

My sets are no ready from the box sets, they are made each part individually and can combined together.

A set can be made from a blanket + crib bumper, or maybe a pillow instead, or even a storage basket with a blanket.

my winter blankets are made from designer's cotton fabric on one side and extremely soft plush cotton flanel on the other so our babies will be warm but not sweaty...

The crib bumper made also from designer cotton fabric and have a pocket sewed on it, with a little teddy bear hand sewed doll on it. the idea behind it, beyond the decorative look is to develop our baby's eye-hand connection. at first, He'll just look at the doll. later he'll rich out for her, pull it out of the pocket. and eventually, learn to push it back to the pocket...

all of my items are hand and machine sewed. fabrics are pre-washed before sewed to minimize shrinking after washing.

No comments:

Post a Comment